Our relationship banking team will recommend the best personal checking account for you and walk you through the process of opening your new account. They'll also assist you in transferring your relationship from another financial institution if needed.
What to bring to your local branch
Here’s what you’ll need to open your personal checking account:
- Basic information to verify who you are, including your name, date of birth, current address, phone number, and Social Security number.
- A valid photo government ID, such as a driver’s license or a U.S. passport showing your current address. (If your ID does not reflect your current address, please also provide another document (lease, utility bill or similar) showing your name and current address.)
- If this is a joint account, all owners who do not currently have any account with First State Bank will need to present the above information.
- Money (cash or check) for your opening deposit to your account. The minimum opening deposit for a personal checking account is only $50.
- Finally, if you are under age 18, a parent or guardian will need to be a joint owner of the account.