A commitment to education
First State Bank has proudly offered scholarships to graduating seniors to help with their post-secondary education for more than 20 years. As part of our commitment to our communities, we are pleased to continue this tradition in an even more impactful way by offering ten (10) $1,000 scholarships in 2021.*
- Applicant must be a graduating senior residing in Wisconsin who:
- Attends a high school located in a community where First State Bank has a branch location, OR,
- Is a First State Bank customer, or whose parent is a First State Bank customer.
- Applicant must be enrolling with an accredited college, university or technical school on a full-time basis for the term immediately following graduation from high school.
- Completed applications (preferably typed) must be received with the requested letter of reference in order to be considered by our scholarship committee.
Deadline for 2021 applications
The deadline for 2021 applications has passed. Please check back in January for 2022 application forms.
Recipient Instructions to Request Scholarship Payment
Effective with our 2021 scholarship awards, recipients of a First State Bank $1,000 scholarship must be enrolled with an accredited college, university, or technical school on a full-time basis for the term immediately following graduation from high school.
To request payment, recipients must complete and submit a Scholarship Payment Request Form to First State Bank following the successful completion of their first term of post-secondary education, along with:
- A copy of the recipient’s first term transcript, and
- Proof of the recipient’s second semester enrollment (printout of schedule, or similar).
The deadline for requesting payment of a scholarship award is the June 30 following the end of the recipient’s first term. Please submit the completed Scholarship Payment Request Form and other required documentation to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Mail: Scholarship Program, First State Bank, PO Box 268, New London, WI 54961
Upon First State Bank’s receipt of this information, scholarship payments will be mailed within 30 days as a single $1,000 payment to the school attended.
*First State Bank employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to apply for these scholarships. First State Bank offers a separate scholarship opportunity for employees and employees’ children who are graduating from high school. Please contact First State Bank for more information.