A commitment to education
First State Bank has proudly offered scholarships to graduating seniors to help with their post-secondary education for more than 20 years. As part of our commitment to our communities, we are pleased to continue this tradition in an even more impactful way by offering ten (10) $1,000 scholarships in 2021.*
- Applicant must be a graduating senior residing in Wisconsin who:
- Attends a high school located in a community where First State Bank has a branch location, OR,
- Is a First State Bank customer, or whose parent is a First State Bank customer, as of 2/28/21.
- Applicant must be enrolling with an accredited college, university or technical school on a full-time basis for the term immediately following graduation from high school.
- Completed applications (preferably typed) must be received with the requested letter of reference in order to be considered by our scholarship committee.
Deadline for 2021 applications is Monday, April 12
Applications must be received by email or postmarked by April 12, 2021:
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to: Scholarship Committee, First State Bank, PO Box 268, New London, WI 54961
Scholarship recipients will be notified of their award by April 30, 2021.
Recipients will receive a Scholarship Payment Request Form, which must be submitted to First State Bank following the successful completion of their first semester. Recipients will also be required to provide a copy of their first semester transcript and proof of second semester enrollment. Scholarships will then be remitted as a single $1,000 payment to the school attended.
*First State Bank employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to apply for these scholarships. First State Bank offers a separate scholarship opportunity for employees and employees’ children who are graduating from high school. Please contact First State Bank for more information.