First State Bank Awards $11,000 in Scholarships
In recent weeks and as part of First State Bank’s commitment to our communities, we had the great privilege of awarding ten $1,000 scholarships to graduating high school seniors who are pursuing a post-secondary education. Additionally, we presented a separate $1,000 scholarship to a graduating high school senior who is a bank employee, or is the son or daughter of a employee.
Congratulations, first, to Reese Poppy who is graduating from Little Wolf High School in Manawa and was awarded with our Employee/Son/Daughter Scholarship for 2021. Reese has worked as a part-teller in our Manawa office for the last two years and plans to attend Fox Valley Technical College in Appleton in the fall and has interest in the financial field.
Congratulations also to our other scholarship recipients:
- Ashley Esser (Auburndale High School) – Ashley is the daughter of John and Sara Esser. She plans to attend Lakeland University in Plymouth, WI, and has interests in the field of music technology.
- Jonah Hinker (Greenwood High School) – is the son of Kent and Wendy Hinker. He plans to study mechanical engineering at Milwaukee School of Engineering this fall.
- Grace Johnson (Little Wolf High School, Manawa) – Grace is the daughter of Tammy and Terry Johnson. Grace plans to attend the University of Wisconsin – LaCrosse to study biology/pre-medicine.
- Mattea Kowalski (Marshfield High School) – Mattea is the daughter of Charlette and Scott Kowalski. She will be studying communication sciences and disorders at the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point.
- Ben Porath (New London High School) – Ben is the son of Anthony and Melissa Porath. Ben will be attending Ripon College this fall to study education.
- Antone Posselt (Hortonville High School) – Antone is the son of Kevin and Lois Posselt. Antone will be attending the University of Wisconsin – Madison to study mechanical engineering.
- Brady Kasson (Clintonville High School) – Brady is the son of Tim and Melissa Kasson. He will be studying farm operation at Fox Valley Technical College.
- Lindsey Meyer (Auburndale High School) – Lindsey is the daughter of Katie and Trent Meyer. Lindsey’s field of interest is social studies/history education or English education. She will be attending the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point.
- Westen Schmitz (Greenwood High School) – Westen is the son of Chris and Jana Schmitz. He plans to attend the University of Wisconsin – Madison and is interested in pursuing a career in engineering or business.
- Sara Snortheim (Auburndale High School) – Sara is the daughter of Dan and Cindy Snortheim. Sara plans to study dairy science and agribusiness at Northcentral Technical College in Wausau.
Please join us in wishing these outstanding individuals the best in their future pursuits!
Photo: First State Bank President, Bob Van Asten, presents a $1,000 scholarship to Brady Kasson, senior at Clintonville High School.