Here are a few things you’ll need in hand to open your new bank account:
- Basic information to verify who you are, including your name, your date of birth, your current address and phone number, and Social Security number.
- A valid, non-expired photo government ID, such as a driver’s license or a U.S. passport showing your current address.
- If you are under age 18, a parent or guardian will need to be a joint owner of the account, so they will need to be present with the above information as well.
- Money (cash or check) for your opening deposit to your account. A minimum of $50 is suggested.
- If your ID does not reflect your current address, please also provide another document (lease, utility bill, or similar) showing your name and current address.
- If this is a joint account, all owners who do not currently have an account with First State Bank will need to have the above information.