Everyone should have a pool of funds that they can fall back upon. First State Bank's savings options are tools to help you and your family develop good savings habits that can last a lifetime. All deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) up to $250,000 per depositor for each ownership category.
Best for those who want to begin or maintain a regular savings plan yet have access to their funds if needed.
- Minimum opening deposit of $100
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $200 or average daily balance of $500 during the semiannual cycle to avoid the $9.00 maintenance fee.
- A transaction fee of $.50 will be charged for each debit in excess of 26 for the semiannual cycle.
- Interest is earned daily on balances over $200
- Free Online Banking
- Free Online Statements
Youth Savings Account
- Available to children and young adults ages 0-17 years.
- Minimum opening deposit of $25.
- Maintain a $25 minimum daily balance in the account during the semi-annual cycle to avoid a $6.00 maintenance fee.
- Interest is earned daily on all balances.
Federal law limits the number of transfers from a savings account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, telephone, or computer transfer to six per month with no transfers by check, draft, or similar order.
Money Market Account
Designed for those who carry higher balances and wish to earn a more competitive interest rate while having the ability to access funds.
- Minimum opening deposit of $5,000
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $5,000 duringthe statement cycle to avoid the $15.00 monthly maintenance fee.
- Tiered interest earned based upon daily balance in your account.
- Free Online Banking
- Free Online Statements with digital check images
- Six free withdrawals per month ($10.00 transaction fee for each withdrawal over six per month)
Certificate of Deposit (CD)
If you're looking to earn a higher interest rate and don't need immediate access to your funds, consider opening a Certificate of Deposit (CD). With a CD, your savings are invested at a set rate for a specified period of time.
- Flexible maturity term options ranging from 32 days to 60 months
- Minimum opening deposit of $5,000 (specials may have higher requirement)
- Receive a competitive fixed interest rate until maturity
- Flexible interest payment options
- Automatically renewable
- Eliminate the uncertainty of investing
- Early withdrawal penalties may reduce earnings