First State Bank has proudly served the region since 1933 as an independent community bank. What difference does being an independent community bank make? First and foremost, all decisions are made locally by people who are involved in our communities.
Additionally, our philosophy of building relationships within and around the communities we serve is based upon these key values:
- We will be a customer and community resource for financial knowledge and best practices
- We will know our customers so that we can better understand their situation and needs
- We will offer products and services that meet the needs of our customers
- We will do business with our customers and within our communities whenever possible
- We will be a good corporate citizen by maintaining a high standard of business ethics and working to help our communities grow and prosper